My photo
Nice to e-meet you! That's internet for Hello. And that's also about as far as I got in planning what to say in this thing...but as a lover of spontaneity and the inability to edit my own words because that would mean actually having an awareness as to the nothingingness that I am about to ramble on about for far too long...I'm just going to go ahead and keep typing. Apparently...

It's Not Made of Spiderwebs and Magic!

My mom decided that she wanted to fit in and get an iphone which I normally would encourage but knowing that this would mean a lot of time and energy on my behalf, I was more than a little hesitant.

However, she went ahead and got one anyways. I have been doing my best to explain every single tiny detail to her step by step by step but this is an example of how painful it has been (feel free to share in my grief)...



She comes over with a look of frustration and says that the phone is showing a message that says "invalid address" and she is completely perplexed as to why.

Note: she is on a page thats purpose is to set up her email.

She hands me the phone and on the screen is a blank space titled "Address (ex me@home.com)" and below that "Password".

In the space for her email address she had typed out our complete home address. As in our house number, street, and city. I didn't even know what to do other than laugh in disbelief. And of course she did not see any humor in this.

I couldn't help but wonder what on earth she had filled in as the password!

6 Responses so far.

  1. Alex says:

    Well, at least teaching someone to use a plain iPhone is easier than teaching them how to run and maintain a jailbroken iPhone!

  2. Andy says:

    Hahaha. Thats an awesome address. We will be like that one day.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Hahaha, that's awesome! My mom would probably be the same way.

  4. Oh boy! Very amusing! My dad recently created a facebook account, which he now uses to contact me while I'm at school. Parents these days...

  5. TheHurt says:

    Haha, awesome! :D To be honest, I don't feel like I'm tech-savvy enough to get an iphone.. Then my mom goes and gets one and expected me to help her set it up.. And this is exactly something she would have done! :)

    xx

Leave a Reply