My photo
Nice to e-meet you! That's internet for Hello. And that's also about as far as I got in planning what to say in this thing...but as a lover of spontaneity and the inability to edit my own words because that would mean actually having an awareness as to the nothingingness that I am about to ramble on about for far too long...I'm just going to go ahead and keep typing. Apparently...

Fly Me to The Moon or Montreal

Remember Moneybags? Well apparently his part in this story of mine hadn't ended just yet.

I don't think that I ever mentioned that he actually lives in Montreal, so after we went on our date about a month or so ago, he left Vancouver to go back home which was nice for me because it meant there was no pressure to decide how I felt or what I should do next. Since then, we have continued to text a little bit here and there and have kept in touch by doing so.


It has always simply been friendly chatter, never anything too serious (and remember at this point I was still not really feeling him THAT much in a romantic sense but I did appreciate his friendship as we got along quite well). He had mentioned a few times over the past month or so that he wanted to get together and suggested that I come to Montreal. At first I would just blow the idea off or casually say something like "yah, it would be cool to visit Montreal, or, that would be fun", etc. But he started getting more and more serious about it so I had to actually explain that I have a life here and am a full time student so aside from the no time, I also have no money for random spontaneous trips across the country (again at this point, really not taking it too seriously). 

After talking about it back and forth for days, being extremely hesitant and reluctant to agree to anything, I brought up the whole awkwardness of our situation and not knowing him that well and the pressure that comes with taking a trip to see him etc etc etc (I literally went on and on for days about all my insecurities about going, I am surprised he didn't retract his invitation). He told me that if absolutely nothing else it would be a good story for me to tell me friends. I agreed that this was true but that didn't change my financial circumstances.  

And, well, I wouldn't call him Mr. Moneybags if I didn't mean it... He bought me a trip to Montreal. 



I was so stressed/feeling uneasy about what to say/do/feel that I could not bring myself to actually agree to go so my friend literally took the phone from my hand and confirmed on my behalf. 
So that was it, I had the ticket, which I might add, read *Sister Brandi* as in a nun, as he thought this would be amusing.


I told him that I didn't feel comfortable with the idea, and it kind of made me feel a little pretty womanish. He replied by saying "well...I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to, and I'm fairly certain your not a prostitute, so stop over-thinking it and come have a good time"


I promise you that this sort of thing does not happen to me. It was all so bizarre. I literally wanted to throw up just thinking about it. I really do believe in a girl paying her own way for stuff like this so it was definitely against all my beliefs. The fact that this guy I'd been out with twice was going to spend more money on me in a weekend than my ex did in the 5 years we went out was absurd. 

Having said that, I have promised myself to be a *yes* person which means that I force myself to be totally open to all opportunities presented to me, and this was quite the opportunity. When would I ever get the chance to just pick up and go to Montreal for a weekend?

And as if making the decision to go wasn't stressful enough, try then having to explain to your mom that you’re leaving in a day and a half to go to Montreal because some guy you went on a date with some time just bought you a ticket. Not fun. 

But anyways, that was it, Friday came and I was off!


I really love plane rides so the flight was good except for the fact that I was worried about what to expect, and still feeling a little weird about the whole situation. Was I really on a plane to go spend a weekend in Montreal with some rich guy I don’t even know all that well?

Answer: YES

I arrived at the airport to find him waiting to pick me up in classic Moneybags style. Complete with Bentley. 


Possibly the most spontaneous and out of character weekend of my life had officially begun.  

3 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Had a great time Kise! A free trip is really awesome. Glad you go for it.

  2. Anonymous says:

    I want to hear more about the actual trip itself!
    I'm glad you went! It sounds like it was much deserved and hey- what's life without a little impulse? I would've done my fake 'oh no, I couldn't possibly!' and then after a couple more of those, 'oh, why not! if you're sure?'
    LOL.
    BUT STUFF LIKE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ME SO WHATEVER.

  3. finally read this post...AMAZING! Glad you went for it too :)

Leave a Reply