My photo
Nice to e-meet you! That's internet for Hello. And that's also about as far as I got in planning what to say in this thing...but as a lover of spontaneity and the inability to edit my own words because that would mean actually having an awareness as to the nothingingness that I am about to ramble on about for far too long...I'm just going to go ahead and keep typing. Apparently...

My Smile Won't Fade

For the last two weeks, I have been spending every last second with Andy. He came over from England for a short, but much anticipated visit. I had been missing him so much over our time apart, and seeing him again just reassured me all over again of how perfect he is and how much I want to be with him, no matter what.

From the second he walked through the gate at the airport, I ran over to jump on him with a smile not capable of fitting my face. From that second, that smile has remained in place, and still remains in my heart.

I had never given up on being a hopeless romantic, but I don't think that I ever completely believed in it to it's fullest capacity. Until Andy.

We made the most of our short time together, and I showed him all of the best parts of Vancouver, as it was his first (but surely not last) time here. It had been very busy, trying to fit in all of the sightseeing, with meeting friends and family, and still trying to manage alone time. It was really nice when we left for Ucluelet, Vancouver Island, with my mom, sister, and brother for the weekend. It was a mini getaway from all the rush, and the most magically beautiful place.


We had the most amazing time, and stayed in the fanciest resort I had ever seen. We were right on the ocean, and I couldn't have imagined a more romantic place to escape to.

The first day I was a bit haggard from the 5 hour drive + ferry ride, and despite Andy's 'gentle suggestion' that I make myself look presentable for our dinner out that evening, I was too tired to make any effort, which luckily didn't ruin things too badly.

The next morning, we had a lovely little breakfast together on our private patio, showered under the waterfall double spa shower, and headed out on a walk through the rainforest. It was a stunning walk along cliffs following the ocean, and through the tree's. We walked all the way along, until we came to the most beautiful viewpoint, up above and looking out onto the ocean, overlooking a view that was breathtaking. Andy had told me that he remembered seeing online that there was a geocache in that area, and sent me around the corner to go looking for it. Little did I know at the time, he was making it all up to secretly plant one of his own.


The first date that Andy ever took me on was to find a geocache, and it was a hobby that we had both been very fond of.

He called me back over and said that he vaguely remembered it being by a bench.
There happened to be just one bench at the top of the viewpoint, that I went over to, excitedly in search of a geocache.

Sure enough, as soon as I looked around the bench, I saw a little box under a hedge and pulled it out, beaming with joy (but nothing compared to what I was about to). I sat on the bench and handed the 'geocache' to Andy to open. He took off the lid, and inside was a ring box.

At this point I was still a bit embarrassingly oblivious to what was about to happen. I actually remember thinking that a ring box was a strange thing for someone to put in a geocache. Before I had a chance to say anything, Andy got down infront of me on one knee (eeeeee) and luckily, it was at this point, that I clued in. He made it short and sweet, and just held my hand and sincerely asked me to marry him.















I was in such shock that I was being proposed to. I really couldn't believe it. I remember I was smiling and shaking and thinking it couldn't possibly be happening! Despite the dream-like state I was in, I almost immediately said YES.


I genuinely never would have dreamed that Andy was going to propose to me on this trip. It was the best surprise I have ever gotten. I had always said that the most important part of a proposal to me was that I didn't see it coming, and he definitely did well on that point.


The ring was perfect, the proposal was perfect, and most importantly, my future husband is more perfect than I could have ever hoped for.

11 Responses so far.

  1. Ken says:

    that is so wonderful~! congratulations!


    please join my giveaway
    http://kenchanayoh.blogspot.com/2011/06/birthday-giveaway-surprise-please-join.html

  2. It sounds so sweet and marvelous my sinceraly Congrats you look just so cute :3

  3. Andy says:

    In the last picture, that is my "I've made a huge mistake" face ;) x

  4. Unknown says:

    OH my gosh, wow! Congratulations! What a sweet proposal idea - my boyfriend and I go geocaching all the time too (he got me into it), so I know it's a really nice hobby - and it's great that we have a shared activity that we can enjoy together. I should send him this post as a hint haha

  5. Danielle says:

    Congratulations! That is the best story ever!

  6. Anonymous says:

    I teared up.
    <3

    So happy for you both. Congratulations, kids. xo

  7. TbR says:

    OH MY WORD. I turn my back for two minutes (read six months) and look what I come back to!

    CONGRATULATIONS BRANDI! :)

  8. TbR says:

    Awww, seriously, congratulations.

    *enough gushing now Tom*

  9. risha says:

    brandi face, i miss you.
    x
    r

  10. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

Leave a Reply